We value your privacy very highly. We seek to protect all the information you give to us. With that in mind, we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU in force from May 2018.
This Privacy Statement is to set out our aims in that respect and the rights that you have in relation to your contact with us and any personal information you give to us.
The Dogs Butcher Web Site (thedogsbutcher.co.uk) is owned by The Dogs Butcher (called the “The Dogs Butcher” in this Statement) which decides on its content. It is operated and maintained by Oliver Stone, t/a Creative Engine Room of 103 Grace Road West, Exeter, Devon EX2 8PU. Creative Engine Room has its own Privacy Statement at creativeengineroom.com/privacy-policy.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data and personal information about you:
- Personal information that you provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of placing orders for our products, and subscribing to our general mailing list.
- Emails sent to our general mailing list are operated by Oliver Stone, t/a Creative Engine Room of 103 Grace Road West, Exeter, Devon EX2 8PU using MailChimp, which is a company based in the USA. MailChimp operates an adequate level of protection for that personal data and its operation for us is consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU.
- If you report a problem with our website, we may ask you for information about that problem and keep a record of it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence that arises.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- Information about your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
How we use this information
We will use personal information that you give us lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner and only for proper, necessary and legitimate purposes in connection with The Dogs Butcher.
We do not share your personal information with any other organisations for their own marketing.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about services which you have requested and information which we feel may be of interest to you about the The Dogs Butcher and Raw Dog Food.
Accuracy, inaccuracy, erasure and unsubscribing
Every email we send to those on the general mailing list contains a link to enable you to unsubscribe or to change your details.
We will use our best endeavours to see that the personal information we collect will be accurate and kept up to date. Where we know it to be inaccurate, we will correct it (if we have the correct information). You can tell us of any inaccuracy (and give us the correct information) in relation to your personal data by completing the contact form at thedogsbutcher.co.uk/contact and we will ensure that it is corrected. You can also request, by use of the same form, that personal information we hold be erased. In each case, we will take action without unreasonable delay.
You are entitled to ask us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold by requesting it by use of the contact form referred to above with sufficient detail that we can understand who you are and what you are requesting. On receipt of that request, we will, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, respond within one month giving you the personal information you have requested.
Period of storage of personal information
We will store personal information for the following periods:
- General mailing list: until you unsubscribe from the list or advise us that you wish your personal information to be erased or the email address that you gave to us no longer works. This is to maintain our contact with you to give you information about the The Dogs Butcher.
- Personal information in relation to product purchases will be retained year on year by The Dogs Butcher to assist you in purchasing future products, unless you have requested erasure of your personal data.
Security of personal information
We store personal data with appropriate security to protect it as best we can from unauthorised or unlawful processing or loss, destruction or damage.
Third Party Cookies
The Dogs Butcher uses third parties to either provide additional functionality on its website (such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and may track users anonymously (such as Google Analytics) to report back to the ‘The Dogs Butcher’ information needed to allow us to continue to provide the website. Some of these services will set cookies in the process, but many use these cookies for their own purposes. The Dogs Butcher does not have direct control over third party websites or cookies.
Changes to this privacy statement
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us by using the form at thedogsbutcher.co.uk/contact