Terms & Conditions
- About Us
This website www.thedogsbutcher.co.uk is owned and operated by:
The Dogs Butcher,
St Marychurch Rd,
Tel: 01626 872041
VAT Number: 250331744
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
- Make a contract with us
- 2.1 When you place an order with us, you are agreeing to purchase goods from us. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order & payment.
- 2.2 Once we have received your order we will pick and pack your order, the time scale of this will vary depending on the delivery method you selected during checkout. When your order is dispatched you will receive another email from us confirming this.
- 2.3 In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this, refund you in full if you have relayed you do not want a substitution in the comments box and there will be no contract between us. We endeavor to operate a stringent stock control system but occasionally errors do occur.
- 2.4 Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Due to the natural origin and production of most of our products they will vary from the image(s) shown on the website and indeed from each other. They will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods.
- 2.5 We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual product. Furthermore, see point 2.4 for the natural variation found in most of our products.
- 2.6 If for some reason you or we have to cancel your order refunds can take up to 14 days,
- 2.7 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- 2.8 This contract is covered by English law.
- How to place an order
- 3.1 You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time.
- 3.2 Delivery charges will be shown in the the basket at the point of checkout. This will be dependent on the delivery method chosen, either local or courier delivery. Please read courier delivery charges on website before ordering and minimum courier delivery as we do automatically refund if minimum is not met
- 3.3 You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- 3.4 We use secure payment processing by Paypal for online purchases. You can pay for your order by Visa, MasterCard or most other debit/credit cards. We DO NOT store or view any payment information as this is securely handled via Paypal.
- 3.5 Promotional prices are subject to availability.
- 3.6 All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
- 3.7 Once your order has been placed, changes will not be possible or if they are may incur additional charges or delays.
- Delivery & Carriage
- 4.1 Goods will be dispatched via courier Please check courier information re; delivery times Please check dates of our van deliveries as your order will be allocated to next available date. If collecting please select that option and you will be given a collection day. Collections are Tuesday-Friday 3pm-6pm and Saturday 9am-12pm but we do change these days and times occasionally, you will be notified if we do so.
- 4.2 Our 3rd party couriers will deliver goods within 24 hours of dispatch although this is not guaranteed due to delays. We will not accept any responsibility for goods which are refused at 48hrs and boxes will keep food fresh for up to 72 hrs Local delivery will be carried out on a mutually agreeable date. Please see delivery schedule, although these dates could change due to circumstances beyond our control. customers will be informed via telephone or email
- 4.3 Your order may arrive in more than one delivery. This can occur and our items are packed in protective packaging, so therefore should remain in a usable condition upon receipt.
- 4.4 We can deliver anywhere in mainland Great Britain only for our frozen products. Please check by contacting us regarding Scottish highlands and boarders as these prices vary.
- 4.5 We will deliver the goods to the premises you specify on your order. You must be at home to accept delivery of your order, which is normally between 9am and 6pm , OR be happy for your order to be left in the mandatory safe place specified at the checkout. If the courier company deem there to be no safe place, the item will not be left.We take no responsibility for this. We will not accept responsibility for incorrect postal addresses provided by the customer or consequences of leaving the items where requested. We will not accept responsibility for loss, damage, or spoiling of goods if you instruct the delivery company to leave the goods unattended.
- 4.6 All courier deliveries are packed in insulated boxes to make sure they reach you in tip top condition. But please note that in some cases, particularly in warmer months or in areas where transit times are longer the contents may have thawed partially. This does not affect the quality of the products in any way and you can safely refreeze them in your freezer. For this reason we cannot accept any claims based on this where the items have been delivered within 48 hrs after dispatch. This includes if you reschedule your delivery with the courier (which we strongly advise against), or the place you have requested them to leave your order is unavailable or unsuitable.
- If the courier leaves your item in the safe location you requested or because that location is unsuitable leaves it elsewhere, then you as the customer are then responsible for collecting it from that location.
- If you refuse delivery we are unable to offer a refund/replacement. Even if the parcel has been mistreated by the courier we need you to accept it as normal and take photos of the packaging and contents to send to us along with a description showing why the items are unacceptable/unusable. This is because in the process of it being returned to us the package and products will degrade further and by the time we get it back we will not be able to make an honest assessment on what the conditions were when you received it.
- 4.7 Disposal of packing materials is your responsibility.
- 4.8 If you change the delivery address once the goods have been dispatched to you, we reserve the right to pass on any extra charges made by our carriers for redirecting your delivery.
- 4.9 Please check the goods on delivery – any goods found to be missing or damaged should be notified to the delivery driver at the time of delivery or ourselves within 24hours.
- 4.10 If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly. Please allow up to 7pm on the specified day of delivery before contacting us.
- 4.11 Deliveries are made on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the goods. You should tell us about any special delivery requirements or conditions when you place your order.
- 4.12 Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods.
- 4.13 Time is not the essence of the contract unless expressly stated otherwise in writing by a Director of the Company.
- 4.14 Delivery charges are of a set amount up to up to 20kg. Additional kgs can be added for a small fee. Please see our delivery page for further information.
- Cancellation & Returns
If you have any problems with your order or any of the items are unsatisfactory please contact us. We will do our utmost to deal with your problem in an efficient and timely manner.
- 5.1 This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt form the Distance Selling Regulations, or the following goods which are exempt from the right to cancel.
- 5.2 If you cancel, you must return the goods within 14 days of cancellation, complete with the original packaging to us and/or our supplier (or any other UK address specified by us), at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
- 5.3 If you fail to return the goods, we will collect them, and we will charge you the direct cost of collection. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
- 5.4 We will refund all monies paid to us by you including any postage / carriage within 30 days, less any costs due under this contract. This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights – for example, if goods are faulty or incorrectly described.
- Faulty Goods
- 6.1 If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. Its helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- 6.2 If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received by us and checked.
- The cost of returning goods to us is your responsibility, however on inspection, we will refund your reasonable postage costs providing that the goods are found to be faulty. If the goods are not faulty, we will return them to you; however, you will be required to cover our reasonable postage costs.
- 6.3 Within this time scale we will replace defective goods free of charge, at our discretion, providing that you have returned to us any faulty goods upon request.
- 6.4 If an item is not longer available we will contact you to offer an alternative. However our liability will be to replace the faulty goods only and we are unable to guarantee an exact match. In this instance you will have the option of a refund.
- 6.5 Where we replace faulty goods you are responsible for their disposal if they have not previously been returned to us.
- 7.1 The products sold on this website comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the uk.
- 7.2 We do not accept liability for any result feeding or administering products we sell. You are responsible for how you use our products.
Website disclaimer for www.thedogsbutcher.co.uk
This disclaimer details our obligations to you regarding our website. Please read this disclaimer in full before you use this website. Using the website implies that you accept the terms of this disclaimer. We do occasionally update this disclaimer so please refer back to it in the future.
- Use of Website
- 8.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
- 8.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- 8.3 Subject to paragraph 1.1, no part of this website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
- Visitor Conduct
- 9.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material for which you have not obtained all necessary consents, is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom.
- Site Uptime
- 3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore, we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- Links To & From Other Websites
- 11.1 Any links to third party websites located on this website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content.
- 11.2 If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this website and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us.
- 11.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 11.2, you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- Exclusion of Liability
- 12.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this website. Neither we nor any other party (whether involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss.
- Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.